morning muse

morning muse

Thursday, May 7, 2015

Day Five

Thursday 5/7 Hutchinson Island, FL.

Today I'm looking forward to being back in my comfort zone - cooking, cleaning and writing... - things i know how to do (well except for creating this blog that took me most of the day).  Every day that goes by i feel more confident about being outside my comfort zone with my responsibilities on the boat.  i still get so nervous coming into a dock slip.  And while many told me that it is rare to arrive at a marina with no deck hands - well those people have not traveled with Harry who reserves (HA) dockage at places that charge 75 cents a foot and the shower is a hose!  Not many dock hands at places like that.  Oh well, all part of the adventure.

I've got dinner cooking in the crockpot, my blog is set, and now my boat needs cleaning.....

Jas - this picture of me at the helm is for you...Jas wanted me to be sure to learn how to drive the boat. 

3 comments:

  1. Oh, Ellen, this is going to be such an adventure! So glad you are bringing us along! I hope you've enjoyed your crockpot dinner...you're making me think of Harlan and Anna Hubbard floating down the Ohio River in their shantyboat. :o)

    It's gotten HOT here this week---in the upper 80's. Asparagus needs picking twice a day! The lilacs are blooming, and also the locust trees, so the air is sweet and fragrant. I noticed my first lightning bug a few nights ago. Oh, and that full was so awesome a few days back...I'm sure you noticed it on the boat.

    Keep on writing!---I love it, and the photos! (That was so sweet of Jackie and Dick to track you down at the bridges!) Looking forward to all the great stories, and your strengthening "sea legs". :o) (I knew you had it in ya!)

    Fare thee well. xoxo Fonda

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi! Thanks for sharing this with us, love the pics and daily travel news. Hutchinson Island........ memories, memories... Now you will have new ones with Harry. I have no doubt you will master this whole boat driving thing! Keep us informed - what fun to be with you on this trip! Love you both!

    ReplyDelete