morning muse

morning muse

Tuesday, May 19, 2015

Wednesday 5/13 St Augustine lay over….

Slept in - til 9….much activity going on outside - tour boats revving up, with pirates shouting ‘ahoy matey’, neighbors leaving port, bascule bridge sounding the open alarm….it’s hard to sleep while there is so much excitement.  On my day off i took my coffee in my robe up top - well not way up top on the bridge - now that would be a bit weird in my robe.  Sweet morning glory….

Wanted to get the laundry done and behind me so i could play.  Tried my best to start it but many folks here are obvious early risers so i was much later getting it started and done.  All the sailboats (many) that are anchored to a mooring ball are coming in to do laundry.  In fact I’m still at it.  It is 3:44pm and I am right now awaiting our clothes to dry. There was a line all afternoon to use the dryer. But it’s hot outside and it’s cool in here, plus it’s fun watching all the kids from the sailboats in here watching TV - Survivor - ha.  They are living a reality show and don’t even realize it.

We toured the city and what a lovely place full of so much history.  I did happen upon the best art exhibit i have ever seen.  i was almost in tears at all the beauty.  I’ve never seen so much in one place.  it was a juried masters exhibit  - I asked if i could take pictures to show my daughter but of course they said no.  Ate lunch at a fine place called Harry’s Bar and Grill - i had shrimp creole and H had mahi sandwich.  And a great dinner at Catch 27 - which Yelp helped me find.  We shared a blue crab cake dinner (3 crab cakes) which was wonderful for 20 bucks.  

No comments:

Post a Comment