morning muse

morning muse

Thursday, May 14, 2015

Saturday 5/9  Hutchinson Island Marriott Marina to Vero Beach, FL. 

Looking back at this morning’s preparation, I have to say that I SO miss Longboat Key’s marina and dock hands.  Even before my second cup of coffee we had untied, unhooked and scurried over to the diesel and pump out stations for gas and shits.  ha.   As is familiar, the dock hand handed Harry the fuel pump and he began to fill the tanks.  THEN, the dock hand handed ME the pump out pump and not wanting to seem timid about the whole thing, I took it!  I then told him to tell me exactly what to do…..so i put the pump over the pump out hole and pulled back a lever (which was hard to do with one hand because i KNEW not to let up on the other hand that held down that suction pumper thingy…) and it started to do its business, so to speak….but then i had to take the pump over to port side to empty the other tank and he could not see to direct me on how again to do this….but i managed except for a little OMG spillage on me Sperrys.  Harry said, ‘ha i should get a picture of that!’  well hell, Harry can’t even answer his own smart phone let alone handle my new camera.  but i do wish we had a picture - i’d send it to Jennifer at the Marina for Tim, Dave, Chuck and James to see.

Rest of the ride from Hutchinson to Vero Beach City Marina was fine and the weather hot but calm.  Soon as we docked, tied up, hooked up and got the stairs attached (which takes about 30-45 minutes - ugh) Harry says let’s take a walk to go get some lunch and four blocks later we are enjoying drinks and a light lunch ocean side.  Then we walked back for dinner - a local spot with live music (a very country band).  Leg cramps ensued but the exercise felt good.  probably in bed by 930.



1 comment:

  1. Can you say GROOVER? All I could think about as you described the pump out pump!
    Sounds like you are having a grand time sweetie. Keep keeping us posted!

    ReplyDelete