morning muse

morning muse

Thursday, May 14, 2015

Sunday 5/10 from Vero Beach City Marina to Coco, FL (Coco Village Marina)

Woke up feeling like i’d been hit by a truck….all that walking and working on the boat is giving this old body a work out.

Arrived in Coco around 230 and Harry says, ‘let’s walk into town for lunch’…no sir, not today and i fixed lunch on board and rested while Harry took a walk.  Read my first book in my new kindle (thanks to Sarah, Judi, Joyce, Candy, Alex, Terri and Tammy) - chose Carson McCuller’s Reflection in a Golden Eye - SO good!!  Recommended by Karen Russell who wrote the whacky pulitzer prize winning Swamplandia.

It’s Mother’s Day and when i ventured out on the dock i spied a Mom gathering three tiny children off a sailboat.  I”m telling you, one was dangling from a pouch thing she was wearing - his/her skinny 2-3 month old arms and legs were just hanging down whenever she would bend over to help the 2 and 3 year olds off the boat.  Can you believe this?  I said now Happy Mother’s Day really applies to you - she said they were headed to the beach and that they (her husband and three kids) lived aboard the 45 foot sailboat.  I watched as one stood perfectly still on the dock while the mom put one in a stroller that was on the dock and with that third one just dangling along…. I told her, ‘I can’t imagine, I can’t even take care of two adults.’  She said it was logistical perfection.

The cute downtown was directly across the street from this very nice marina - make a note boaters.   Anna, I took a picture of a shop on our way to dinner that looked like it used to be an old filling station (oh, that means gas station my dear) - it was just the type of place we would love to spend some time in - but it was closed - but i even enjoy window shopping through the picture i took…. 

Harry chose a biker diner for mother’s day dinner - I'm so easy.  But i did declare that next time I get to chose.  Harry had oysters, lobster bisque and we shared Mahi Mahi in papaya salsa.  oh i and ordered myself a side of 5 bean baked beans!!!  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment